Emerging technologies—such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and Web3, to name a few—have completely disrupted the business landscape. To stay competitive, organizations must adjust to constantly changing markets and ever-evolving tech.
For many businesses, part of this adjustment means automating processes to save time, cut costs, and increase efficiency. According to Expert Market Research, the automation industry is expected to increase at a 6.6% CAGR between 2023 and 2028. Gartner estimates that investment in hyper-automation-enabling software will reach more than $720 billion by the end of 2023.
To access these benefits, organizations are utilizing business process automation (BPA) software. Most platforms rely on digital technologies to perform business processes or tasks with minimal assistance from humans. By shifting task performance responsibilities to machines rather than humans, BPA software enables employees or leadership to spend more time on value-adding activities—like growing the business.
BPA Software’s Technical Capabilities
BPA software is designed to simplify and automate repetitive, rule-based tasks and processes within an organization. While every BPA software platform is different, most follow these steps:
- Identification and mapping: First, BPA software identifies and maps out business’ existing processes, which often involves creating flowcharts or diagrams to visualize the sequence of tasks, decision points, and data inputs and outputs.
- Workflow design: Once processes are mapped, organizations can design automated workflows using BPA software. These workflows define the sequence of actions and decisions that the software will execute, often using a visual interface that doesn’t require coding skills.
- Integration: BPA software typically integrates with various systems and software use within an organization. Integrating with other systems enables seamless exchange of data and information, ensuring all processes are synchronized.
- Automation: Once workflows are configured and integrated, BPA software takes over repetitive tasks, including data entry, document routing, notifications, approvals, and more.
- Data handling: BPA software can perform ETL (extract, transform, load) data handling processing, making data consistent and accessible for analysis and decision making.
- Monitoring and reporting: With data easily accessible, organizations gain real-time visibility into process performance. This also enables businesses to monitor progress, identify bottlenecks, and generate reports for analysis.
- Optimization and continuous improvement: The insights uncovered by BPA software enables organizations to make quick adjustments and update workflows, ensuring that processes remain efficient and aligned with changing business needs.
4 Benefits of Using BPA Software
Automating and streamlining processes brings a myriad of benefits to organizations, including:
- Increased efficiency: BPA software automates repetitive and time-consuming tasks, reducing the need for manual intervention. The efficiency boost allows operations managers to focus on more strategic aspects of their role and allocate resources more effectively.
- Enhanced productivity: With automation software handling routine tasks, operations managers and their teams can devote more time to high-value activities, such as analyzing data, optimizing processes, and implementing improvements.
- Scalability: BPA software enables businesses to handle larger volumes of work without a proportional increase in staffing. As companies grow, processes can be easily scaled up to accommodate the increased workload.
- Enhanced customer experience: With improved efficiency and accuracy, BPA can positively impact the customer experience. With faster response times, better order processing, and fewer errors, customer satisfaction increases.
The Path to Business Automation Starts with Vasion
Business automation is no longer a luxury—it’s a necessity for organizations looking to thrive in today’s business landscape. By automating routine tasks, optimizing processes, and providing valuable insights, BPA software empowers businesses to stay ahead of the curve.
As technology advances, integrating BPA into business strategies is an investment that pays dividends in efficiency, cost savings, and competitiveness. With Vasion, digitizing and automating your business is achieved with a single SaaS solution. The platform allows for seamless communication between data and documents, eliminating information silos and connecting your entire business.
Discover how to bring automation to your business with Vasion—contact us today for a free consultation.